[Dovecot] Connection refused with auth-master after upgrading to Dovecot 1.0 rc 28

Jason Warner jasonw at brashers.com
Tue Apr 10 18:11:06 EEST 2007

Timo,

I really want to thank you for taking the time to look at this. I'm a newbie
with a little Linux experience, so I'm in charge of the mail server. It
makes it nice to deal with someone who really knows what they are doing.

When I run deliver with the -d parameter, it does deliver a message to the
intended user. I've tried just about everything I know how to do with the
Dovecot LDA in the master.cf config file for Postfix. Here is the line as it
stands now:

# Dovecot LDA
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d
${recipient}

That line worked just fine up until the update. After some looking, we were
running 1.0 rc 15 so this step up to 28 was quite a move. Fortunately, the
mail server is working with our virtual setup, but our vacation message
setup relied on the sieve portions of the Dovecot LDA. Thanks again for
taking a look at this.