[Dovecot] Comment from OpenLDAP developer regarding "deferring operations"

Ben Beuchler insyte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:17:13 EEST 2007

I'll apply the patch later this morning and and let you know what I see.

For what it's worth, last night I started dumping traffic between
dovecot and openldap.  The pattern I see most consistently was this:

-> bind request (anonymous)
-> search request
<- bind response
<- search result

As I understand it, the search request being sent before the result of
the bind request is received could trigger the deferrals.

Thanks!

-Ben