[Dovecot] Dovecot Assertion on mail server with POP3 and LDAP authentication

Tim Alberts talberts at msiscales.com
Thu Apr 12 18:51:16 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> ..
>>>
>>> So you're using pam_ldap and nss_ldap. See
>>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/Passwd
>>>
>>> So I'd suggest upgrading.
>>>

>> Thank you for the quick response.  It doesn't look like the problem
>> I'm having though?  I don't have problems with people getting other
>> peoples email.  I have problems with the Assertion errors that I
>> mentioned.
>
> No, but it could very well be caused by the same problem.

Just to close off this thread....This seems to have fixed the problem.
I upgraded to a newer version and that alone made a huge difference.
However, I didn't make the configuration changes I was supposed to at
that time.  The following day, I checked the server logs and saw the
problem happen a couple times within a second and that was it.
Significantly less, but it prompted me to read the dovecot website again
and make the recommended configuration changes.

Running for a couple days now, no problems and positive reports from the
clients.  Thank you for the resolution and best wishes to everyone.