[Dovecot] lazy_expunge vs mulberry

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 16 15:20:10 EEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 23:40 -0700, Frank Cusack wrote:
> I've configured the lazy_expunge plugin exactly like it says on the wiki.
> I can't seem to configure Mulberry to find the new namespaces.  Any hints?
>
> I notice that the wiki says to use / as the separator.  Mulberry has a
> setting for this, and the default is '.'.  Leaving this as '.' in Mulberry
> and / in dovecot seems to work fine.  (But I still can't access the
> .EXPUNGED or other namespaces.)
>
> Another page on the wiki says that the default separator for maildir is
> '.'.  Why does the lazy_expunge page suggest using '/'?

Well, the feature was developed for one specific user and that example
configuration reflects how they wanted to use it. Or possibly the
configuration I just happened to use while testing it. Or maybe it was
an exact copy of how Cyrus's lazy expunges were explained. I don't
remember.

Your problem anyway is that hidden=yes makes the namespaces invisible to
clients. I'll go remove them.