[Dovecot] lazy_expunge vs mulberry

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 17 11:21:14 EEST 2007

On 17.4.2007, at 9.06, Frank Cusack wrote:

>> Your problem anyway is that hidden=yes makes the namespaces
>> invisible to
>> clients. I'll go remove them.
>
> Sure, I realize that.  But in the "Display Hierarchy" dialog,
> Mulberry has
> a part to enter additional hierarchies (I guess this is
> namespaces), that
> aren't in the top part which is where Mulberry shows the advertised
> namespaces.  When I enter "EXPUNGED" or ".EXPUNGED" or ".EXPUNGED/"
> I get
> a folder in my mailboxes list but no subfolders and no messages in
> that
> folder (even though there are messages there).
>
> If I remove hidden=yes, Mulberry crashes on login.

Try using some other names for the namespaces and hidden=no. At least
if you're normally using '.' as separator then it's a bad idea to use
different separators in different namespaces. And if you're using '.'
as separator in those expunge namespaces, it's a bad idea to begin
the namespace with a separator.