[Dovecot] message-of-the-day feature?

Steven F Siirila sfs at tc.umn.edu
Thu Apr 19 18:13:58 EEST 2007

For lack of a better name, we are interested in a feature where one could
get a notice out to all Dovecot users as quickly as possible, possibly
without going through an MTA even.  Given a message and a list of userids
we could certainly do a mailing on the MDA server itself going through
both Postfix and Dovecot LDA.  However, we were wondering what other options
we might have in Dovecot.  For example, would it be possible to place the
message into some file which Dovecot periodically checks for, and if the
file exists, either present it to the user as a new message, or automatically
deliver it at that time via Dovecot LDA?

--

Steven F. Siirila			Office: Lind Hall, Room 130B
Internet Services			E-mail: sfs at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology	Voice: (612) 626-0244
University of Minnesota			Fax: (612) 626-7593