[Dovecot] upgrading RHEL4 to RHEL5 - dovecot 0.99 to 1.0rc15

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Apr 25 17:11:29 EEST 2007

Hi,

now that a lot off software is updated e.g. RedHat EL and dovecot got
finaly final :-) we plan to upgrade our mailserver from RHEL4 dovecot
0.99 to RHEL5 with dovecot 1.0rc15 - the rpms provided by Red Hat.

I've read the upgrading Dovecot manual from here
http://wiki.dovecot.org/UpgradingDovecot, but yust to get things right
I'd like to ask some questions:

Simply spoken, we use the basic default dovecot-config, mbox format and
imaps/pop3s.

So will there be any big trouble to just use the most default settings
of the 1.0 config file? Or which options are compleatly different?

Dose there exist a migration how to beside the dovecot upgrade from the
wiki?

Thanks for hints and tips!

Best regards

Götz Reinicke
--
Götz Reinicke
IT Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Mathildenstr. 20
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Christoph Palmer, MdL, Minister a.D.

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt