[Dovecot] Method to globally limit network access

Mon Apr 30 14:02:21 EEST 2007

Marcus O. White wrote:
> G'day All,
>
> I am new to dovecot. I've run across the "allow_net" to restrict access
> on what seems like a per user basis. Is the a way to global limit access
> to one or more networks?

Umm... you already found it (but you probably already realized this)...
but it is 'allow_nets'... ;)

http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields/AllowNets...

Kind of limiting, though... I like to be able to access my email from
anywhere...

A nice enhancement might be a way to allow access from outside only to
'allowed_external_users' or something like that...

--

Best regards,

Charles