[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v5 for dovecot 1.0.2

Andreas Ntaflos daff at dword.org
Wed Aug 1 16:27:10 EEST 2007

On Tuesday 31 July 2007 01:41:11 Stephan Bosch wrote:
> Have fun testing the patch. Notify me when there are problems.

Hello Stephan,

I still get the following message when trying to connect and authenticate:

Choose a different authentication method to PLAIN.

The same with LOGIN when I tell Dovecot to use the login authentication
method. The logs show:

Aug  1 15:25:52 hostname dovecot: managesieve-login: Login: user=<username>,
method=PLAIN, rip=aa.bb.cc.dd, lip=ww.xx.yy.zz, TLS
Aug  1 15:25:52 hostname dovecot: MANAGESIEVE(username): Disconnected: Logged
out

I am using real Unix users and Dovecot is configured with authdb pam and
userdb passwd. I previously described the problem in [1].

Does your patch not support PLAIN or LOGIN or am I missing something?

TIA

Andreas

[1] http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-June/023283.html
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4