[Dovecot] OpenBSD and too many open files

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 1 19:52:33 EEST 2007

On 1.8.2007, at 19.43, Quentin Garnier wrote:

> FWIW, I've stopped using dovecot's kqueue code quite some time ago
> because it would leak one fd almost every login, leading to the
> kind of
> situation you experience.  I wish I had the time to debug that, but
> unfortunately...

I thought this happened only with older NetBSDs. I tested it myself
once with 3.0 (or 3.1?) and I couldn't get it to leak.

But yes, with some NetBSD versions it does leak one pipe per each
died process because kqueue doesn't notice that the pipe was closed
by the other side and give an event, or something like that.