[Dovecot] Outlook 2000/2003 frequent disconnect issue

Jeff Ramsey jefframsey at tubafor.com
Wed Aug 1 22:31:57 EEST 2007

On Aug 1, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I think the problem has to do with NSS. It probably failed with some
> error, but since unfortunately getpwnam() interface doesn't support
> reporting errors, Dovecot just assumed that the user didn't exist.
>
> I can't think of why this would work any differently with Dovecot
> v0.99.x.
>
> I think you should rather get rid of userdb passwd and configure
> Dovecot
> to use userdb ldap to connect directly to your AD.
>
> Using / not using nscd might also help.

I think going to userdb ldap may be a great long term solution,
however I'll need to setup an offline computer to configure and test
it on before I could run it live.

Is there any way that I can just downgrade back to 0.99.x to see if
this issue is in fact caused by a difference between the two
versions? Will downgrading cause any known issues? If I could just
get this working like it was before the upgrade to 1.0.2-2, I'd have
enough time to setup and test userdb ldap.

Jeff Ramsey
MIS Administrator
TMI Forest Products, Inc.
jefframsey at tubafor.com