[Dovecot] Missing MIME-Version header in e-mails.

Tan Shao Yi tansy at pacific.net.sg
Thu Aug 2 03:36:17 EEST 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Bill Boebel wrote:

> On Wed, August 1, 2007 9:51 am, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> said:

> On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 19:50 +0800, Tan Shao Yi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I notice that in src/lib-mail/message-parser.c, there is a section of
>> code that checks for the presence of MIME-Version before allowing
>> processing of the Content-* headers.
>>
>> Is there a possibility of relaxing this rule? There are some broken
>> mailers, in particular newsletter mailers that do not seem to honour the
>> MIME-Version header, though they do send the Content-Type.
>
> I suppose this could be changed. At least UW-IMAP also does that..

Or at least make relaxing it an option in v1.1.  I personally think it should be relaxed.

Bill

Hi Timo,

Will it be possible to make this available in the 1.0 branch? UW-IMAP
seems to continue to process e-mails without the MIME-Version, so long as
it has the Content-Type or -Encoding header.

Cheers.