[Dovecot] dovecot 1.0.2, sieve 1.0.2 and regex

Alexander Hoogerhuis alexh at boxed.no
Fri Aug 3 02:28:15 EEST 2007

I've just ported a largeish procmail script across to sieve and want to
get to use wildcards in filing mail and can't seem to get regex to work.

The script starts nicely with:

> require ["fileinto","regex","envelope","vacation","regex"];

and a bit down these few lines comes into play:

> elsif header :regex  "From" "logwatch.*stuff.com" {
>         fileinto "INBOX.Admin/Logwatch Stuff";
> }

and regex just never seem to catch.

I have 50ish machines in the stuff.com domain, and writing an induvidual
 section like this works:

> elsif header :contains  "From" "logwatch at a.stuff.com" {
>         fileinto "INBOX.Adin/Logwatch Stuff";
> }