[Dovecot] NFS rquota support

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at york.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 11:01:20 EEST 2007

Greetings -

On 3 Aug 2007, at 01:00, Nicolas STRANSKY wrote:

>> I think the configure failed to set HAVE_RQUOTA to config.h.
>
> But this is what I had from ./configure:
> checking rpcsvc/rquota.h usability... yes
> checking rpcsvc/rquota.h presence... yes
> checking for rpcsvc/rquota.h... yes

Yup, I got that initially too but didn't get the rquota code included
in the build: I checked by searching the quota-fs.o file for "RPC"...

     strings quota-fs.o | grep RPC

The string should be present if the rquota code got included.

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of GNU Autoconf etc but managed
to work out that I need to do the following in the top level of the
Dovecot source tree (above the src directory):

     autoconf
     autoheader
     automake

If you omit the autoheader step you have configure detect that rquota
is available, but HAVE_RQUOTA still doesn't get defined: grep the
config.h file to check whether this is the case.

The autoheader step takes config.h.in and builds config.h, which then
includes the HAVE_RQUOTA definition.  Compiling your source then works.

Aside:  Can someone confirm whether I'm running these three utilities
in the
         correct order?

Once you get the code included you may find that, like I did, the
code compiles but refuses to run.  I'll try and work out a patch to
the Makefile to build the xdr file that needs including (but, as I
said before, I've never used the GNU autoconf stuff before so forgive
me if I get it wrong!).

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *