[Dovecot] modify header in deliver

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Aug 5 20:08:51 EEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 20:15 +0200, Reinhard Hainz wrote:
> hi,
>
> is it possible to modify the mail-header (subject) within the deliver
> process (maybe by a lda-plugin)? I have tried to write a simple plugin
> for this, but I cannot find a way to modify the mail befor writing it
> to the mailbox.

Nothing like this is directly supported. But it would be possible to
kludge this with a plugin that catches mail_vfuncs.get_stream() from the
dummy mbox that's created for the input and replaces the returned stream
with istream_header_filter which modifies the headers as you want.

Unfortunately there aren't any existing examples for this, and I don't
really have time to write one. mail-log plugin replaces other functions
from mail_vfuncs though.