[Dovecot] NFS rquota support

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at york.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 13:37:16 EEST 2007

Greetings -

On 7 Aug 2007, at 11:28, Nicolas STRANSKY wrote:

> OK, thanks for the answer, but unfortunately, these don't apply
> well to
> 1.0.3..

They applied just fine to 1.0.3 here.  I started off with pristine
copies of the files from the 1.0.3 distribution then applied the
patches using GNU patch in this order:

     http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot/rev/078d9dde99c8
     http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot/rev/abec53314897
     http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot/rev/0dda1f746d63

They either applied cleanly, or with a small offset/fuzz factor.

However there is a slight problem with the final patch above if you
are compiling in a separate directory tree (eg, using GNU make's
VPATH feature).

In particular the final patch for src/plugins/quota/Makefile.am needs
to be changed from

     if HAVE_RQUOTA
     +quota-fs.c: rquota_xdr.c
     +
      rquota_xdr.c: Makefile

     if HAVE_RQUOTA
     +$(srcdir)/quota-fs.c: rquota_xdr.c
     +
      rquota_xdr.c: Makefile

Without this change you will get a compile-time error saying that the
quota-fs.c file couldn't be found.

(Timo: do you want me to send you this as a separate patch, or are
you happy to pick it up from the above?)

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *