[Dovecot] BUG (and suggested fix) in maildir code

Tom Vajzovic tom.viza at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 15:14:39 EEST 2007

Hi all

I'm using dovecot 1.0.rc15 to serve a maildir by IMAP.

I have an IMAP subdirectory called subscriptions.  The messages are in
maidir/.subscriptions/cur/ etc.

Dovecot is renaming the directory .subscriptions/ to subscriptions/

This means that when my IMAP client requests this directory, it gets the
message "no such directory", and dovecot also gives the error message:

dovecot: IMAP(tcv): read() failed with subscription
file /var/mail/maildir/tcv/subscriptions: Is a directory

The two should be able to live happily side by side, with the
subscriptions file called "subscriptions" and the maildir called
".subsciptions".

The offending function is

maildir_subscriptions_convert_099()

in src/lib-storage/index/maildir/maildir-storage.c

Can someone with developer access please change this so that rename() is
not called if subscriptions is a directory.

Thanks,

Tom