[Dovecot] Patch: building dovecot-sieve against installed dovecot (Re: sieve discard)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Aug 9 13:49:32 EEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 10:33 +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Timo,
>
> is this ok with you?  It allows building dovecot-sieve against an installed
> dovecot package (if --enable-header-install additionally installs liblib.a)
> including sievec and sieved (needed for pysieved).

I don't really like that idea. The next thing another package wants some
other Dovecot libraries and soon we'll have all the .a libs installed
somewhere.

I've been thinking about making liblib a separate .so library. And maybe
the other Dovecot libs a libdovecot_mail.so. But I'm not sure if this is
such a great idea either.