[Dovecot] lda: vacation auto-reply for a virtual address

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Aug 9 14:19:03 EEST 2007

also sprach Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de> [2007.08.09.0902 +0200]:
> Sendmail uses different mailers (exim calls them transports, if
> I remember correctly) for the two different maildrops, "scripts"
> are invoked by the virtual "*prog*" mailer, whereas the spooling
> into a local mailbox is performed by the "local" mailer, which is
> bound to e.g. Dovecot deliver.

But postfix's local transport cannot deliver to virtual mailboxes,
and the virtual transport does not provide for command execution:

  virtual(8):
  This  delivery  agent  only delivers mail.  Other features such as
  mail forwarding, out-of-office notifications, etc., must be
  configured  via virtual_alias maps or via similar lookup
  mechanisms.

So yes, if I find a suitable virtual delivery agent or a way to pass
the maildir location from postfix to e.g. procmail, I'll have it
solved. But right now it does not look like it's possible.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

"we should have a volleyballocracy.
 we elect a six-pack of presidents.
 each one serves until they screw up,