[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v6 for dovecot 1.0.3

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Aug 16 19:38:41 EEST 2007

Hello dovecot users,

I have updated the MANAGESIEVE patch to (hopefully) fix the compilation
issues reported by Robin Breathe. This is a patch against the latest
stable release 1.0.3. It currently won't compile with 1.1 due to
significant changes in the master code.

Change Log V6
-------------

- Corked the client output stream while producing the capability greeting and on
  other some other occasions as well. Some naive client implementations expect to
  receive this as a single tcp frame and it is a good practice to do so anyway.
  Using this change the Thunderbird sieve extension (v0.1.1) seemed to work. However,
  scripts larger than a tcp frame still caused failures. All these issues are fixed
  in the latest version of the sieve add-on (currently v0.1.4).
- Cleaned up the new proxy source. My editor made the indentation a complete mess
  in terms of TABs vs spaces.
- Added TRYLATER response codes to BYE and NO messages where appropriate.
- Recopied the libsieve library into this patch to incorporate any changes that were
  made (only sieve-cmu.c still needs to be compared to the old cmu-sieve.c). This
  also solves the __attribute__((unused)) GCC dependencies. These were fixed long
  ago by Timo....  the code duplication beast strikes again. (Will have to do
  this again for dovecot 1.1)
- Removed spurious return value from void function in
  src/lib-sieve/sieve-implementation.c as reported by Robin Breathe. GCC fails to
  report these issues. The function involved is currently not used and serves only
  as an example on how dovecot could support multiple sieve back-ends...

This patch still includes (yet another) instance of the CMU Sieve
source, as explained in one of my previous e-mails
(http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-July/015016.html).

The patch can be downloaded at:

http://sinas.rename-it.nl/~sirius/dovecot-1.0.3-MANAGESIEVE-v6.diff.gz

The README.managesieve is located in the root of the dovecot source tree
after applying the patch.

Have fun testing the patch. Don't hesitate to notify me when there are problems.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl