[Dovecot] Dovecot fails almost every 20 minutes exactly

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Tue Aug 21 00:02:56 EEST 2007

On Sunday, August 19 at 02:13 PM, quoth Patrick - South Valley Internet:
> Now that we're in the production environment, we've noticed that
> every 20 minutes, Dovecot will stop running.

Meaning what? Is the dovecot process still alive? Is the service
unresponsive? Is it just not allowing logins?

Is the shared NFS store the only thing shared between the two? Is
there a load-balancer in front of the machines?

> I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the log files either.

What are the last couple entries in the log files when it "stops"? The
same things every time, or something different every time?

~Kyle
--
If Mr. Einstein doesn't like the natural laws of the universe, let him
                                         -- Robert Benchley (1889-1945)