[Dovecot] UW-IMAP to Dovecot conversion - How to migrate the folders?

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Tue Aug 21 08:06:50 EEST 2007

On Monday, August 20 at 04:07 PM, quoth Patrick - South Valley Internet:
> I have, but it didn't do anything that I could tell.
>
> I tried resyncing my IMAP but I didn't see the new folder.
>
> Does it matter that the UW-IMAP folders are in mbox-like format?
>  It appears each "folder" is a single file, similar to mbox
> format.

Yeah, it does matter. Dovecot doesn't allow you to mix-and-match
different mail storage formats very easily. You may be able to set
something like that up with the Namespaces support in Dovecot, but the
easiest thing to do is to convert your mbox files into Maildir.

~Kyle
--
Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
                                                 -- George Bernard Shaw