[Dovecot] Restoring a deleted/moved imap folder

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Sun Aug 26 01:02:11 EEST 2007

Hi,
one user of my imap server just deleted a whole folder, blame thunderbird

I have the server disk and running Stellar Info for deleted files recovery.

My cuestion is about how dovecot deleted an imap Maildir folder?
The imap client is configured to move the deleted mails to the Trash
folder, so I think dovecot would delete every Maildir email after
successfully
moved it.

In the case a folder is deleted, is something special dovecot does to the
email? Or it just run the unlink() function?

In the case of compacting a folder, I think thats just a client side action.

Many thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.   | http://tinymailto.com/oliver