[Dovecot] authentication with mysql - problem with table name escaping

XhE XhE at gmx.net
Sun Aug 26 03:41:10 EEST 2007

Found a problem with dovecot 1.0.3 and mysql authentication

I got a problem with escaping of mysql table names. Usually, when a
mysql table name has some special character (in my case there is a table
beginning with the # character) one has to put into these special quotes
--- ` ---; others like ' oder " are not recognized. But dovecot somehow
doesn't allow me to do that.

After switchting auth_verbose to true I get entries in /var/log/messages
stating:

Password query failed: Incorrect table name ' '

Regards,
XhE