[Dovecot] Migrate 0.99 MBox into 1.0rc15-2

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Aug 26 23:00:22 EEST 2007

--On Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:45 PM -0400 Dave McGuire
<mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

>    Perhaps what we really need is a wiki page to allay the fears of  the
> people who pathetically find such difficulty in "./ configure;make;make
> install".

That's fine if you have only a single system and don't need to track
installed files through a packaging system.

At the very least, one should wrap that idiom in the distro's packaging
scheme, such as "rpmbuild --rebuild dovecot-xxxx.src.rpm ; su ; rpm -Uvh
dovecot-xxxx.i386.rpm".