[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v7 for dovecot 1.0.3 and TLS

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Aug 27 13:41:10 EEST 2007

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Schneider schreef:
> I allow only TLS/SSL connection to dovecot. The managesieve doesn't work
> with TLS but it works without it.
>
> gladiac at magrathea:~> gnutls-cli -p 2000 -s --insecure -V
> milliways.cynapses.org
> Resolving 'milliways.cynapses.org'...
> Connecting to '213.239.217.124:2000'...
>
> - Simple Client Mode:
>
> - Received[194]: "IMPLEMENTATION" "dovecot"
> "SASL" "PLAIN"
> "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
> relational comparator-i;ascii-numeric regex"
> "STARTTLS"
> OK "Dovecot ready."
> STARTTLS
> - Sent: 9 bytes
> - Received[33]: OK "Begin TLS negotiation now."

Did you press Ctrl-D at this point? It is necessary to start the TLS
transcation at your end using gnutls-cli. Tests using gnutls-cli were
described earlier:

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-August/024470.html
http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-August/024934.html

I presume you are using gnutls-cli because some other client is failing
on TLS. If you want me to help you, I need more information about your
server setup (e.g. `dovecot -n` and logs that might be iteresting), but
most importantly the client you are using.

Regards,

Stephan.