[Dovecot] IMAP/POP3 server with proxy feature

Jasper Bryant-Greene jasper at albumltd.co.nz
Sat Feb 3 09:55:56 UTC 2007

We are currently evaluating the migration from a proprietary, legacy
mail server onto Dovecot for 20,000+ virtual domains. This is a big job
and we intend to do it by initially proxying connections through to the
legacy server, and moving customers over in batches by turning off the
proxy feature for them.

In the manual it states "This model is still a bit unfinished in current
code" [1]. What is needed to get this production-quality? I'm happy to
help out with any work required.

[1] http://wiki.dovecot.org/ImapProxy
--
Jasper Bryant-Greene