[Dovecot] start dovecot at boot

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Sat Feb 3 22:46:46 UTC 2007

FYI: the OP states he's on CentOS; Axel's RPMs spec file (for .src.rpm)
uses some RPM macros not present on CentOS4 (or RHEL4), I had a quick
conversation with him about this, it appears they're added in RPM 4.4
but 4.3 is what's on RHEL4/CentOS4.

If you want to rebuild his .src.rpm (i.e. to disable unused things like
Postgres, SQLite, etc.) you'll need to set up a personal ~/.rpmmacros
with the following:

%bcond_with()     %{expand:%%{?_with_%{1}:%%global with_%{1} 1}}
%bcond_without()  %{expand:%%{!?_without_%{1}:%%global with_%{1} 1}}

This'll allow those three lines at the top to properly parse and work.
Alternately you can just edit the spec, delete those 3 lines and hard
code the right values (which are delete the inotify line, use
pam-stacked, and use linuxquota=2 for %configure).

hth!
-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer