[Dovecot] IMAP/POP3 server with proxy feature

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 5 12:49:50 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 10:28 +0000, Chris Wakelin wrote:
> > [1] http://wiki.dovecot.org/ImapProxy

Maybe this page should be deleted, or at least it should point to
http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields/Proxy which
contains newer description how to do it.

> We're planning to use a passwd-file for an extra passdb containing
> things like:
> port=143 nodelay=n nologin=y proxy=y

nologin and nodelay shouldn't be needed anymore. Also port=143 is the
default with IMAP (and with POP3 that'll cause POP3 connections to be
proxied there too).

> Dovecot uses the proxying feature itself for SSL connections, so it
> should be pretty robust.

Actually the imap/pop3 proxying code doesn't share code with SSL
proxying code.