[Dovecot] minor kerberized dovecot build issue

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 5 13:04:49 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 13:25 -0800, Dan Price wrote:
> Unfortunately, Solaris doesn't have 'grep -q'.  There's a note in GNU grep's
> manpage about this problem and a note that portable scripts should just
> redirect to /dev/null.

I'll fix this.

> For whatever reason, on Solaris /usr/bin/krb5-config does not like
> the syntax 'krb5-config --cflags gssapi' (ditto with --libs).  I found
> that removing the 'gssapi' part from the configure script fixed the problem,
> but I imagine this must break some other OS.  If need be, I can follow
> up with the Kerberos team about this.

Looks like they return different things:

% krb5-config --libs gssapi
-L/usr/lib -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb5support
-lresolv
% krb5-config --libs
-L/usr/lib -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb5support -lresolv

With --cflags I get nothing in my system either way.

> Once I made these minor changes, I also had to add -lgss to the src/auth
> makefile's compile line.  After that, I had no problem getting this to
> compile, although we have not yet tested it.

I think "--libs gssapi" was supposed to contain that.

Would "gss" work instead of "gssapi"? Anyway yes I think you'd get
better replies from Kerberos people :)