[Dovecot] duplicate emails

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 5 18:00:00 UTC 2007

On 4.2.2007, at 14.13, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:

> Jan 31 11:51:32 dovecot: POP3(user9): mbox sync: UID inserted in
> the middle of mailbox /home/user9/Mail/INBOX (416529 > 154,
> seq=792, idx_msgs=1773)

This explains the duplicate emails. My answer to this is pretty much
the same as http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-February/019272.html

> Jan 31 11:51:32 dovecot: POP3(user9): Broken header: X-UID:

This is a bit interesting though. Apparently you got a mail with an
empty X-UID header which caused it to break? That itself shouldn't
cause it though, but I'll see if I could get it reproduced. Anyway
you can probably fix the problem by filtering out the X-UID headers
in the SMTP server or in your LDA.