[Dovecot] OTP?

Micah Cowan micah at cowan.name
Wed Feb 7 03:29:25 UTC 2007

Frank Cusack wrote:
 > On February 6, 2007 4:12:02 PM -0800 Micah Cowan <micah at cowan.name>
wrote:
 >> I was wondering where I might find more information about using OTP
as an
 >> authentication protocol with dovecot.
 >
 > I found that some (all?) clients login multiple times in a single user
 > visible "session".  This makes sense for multithreaded clients, I guess.
 >
 > So having dovecot do OTP directly is a bit of a chore.  What I did was
 > use the auth cache so that an OTP is valid for x amount of time.  Works
 > like a charm.

That's what I had planned to do.

 > I'm just using PAM with pam_otp_auth (www.tri-dsystems.com).

Ah. So, pam_opie maybe is the wrong thing to try to use? Of course, I'm
not really interested in shelling out money for a PAM plugin (it's just
my personal mailbox; I could probably write my own without too much
trouble, if I really had to).

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/