[Dovecot] Reproducible duplicate messages bug with Mail.app+Dovecot / may imap bug from mail apple

Andrew Moran amoran at forsythia.net
Sun Feb 11 19:24:50 UTC 2007

On Feb 10, 2007, at 4:30 PM, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> i investigated the imap bugs from apple mail app with google
> trough the years, and i saw there was  no version without a bug with
> imap, so i speculate its not dovecot what does something wrong here

Oh I have no doubt that Apple's Mail.app is very buggy, but I submit
a bug to them which only happens with dovecot IMAP server, I'm sure
they are going to be quick to blame dovecot rather than investigate
it fully.   This is why I was hoping that someone on this list who
has Mail.app and Dovecot can (a) verify that it is happening for them
(it's 100% reproducible to me) and (b) figure out exactly what's
going on, at least to the point of knowing it's Mail.app's fault and
not something Dovecot is doing, or a combination of both (such as
dovecot doing something other IMAP servers don't and Mail.app
misinterpreting it).

--Andy