[Dovecot] dead bodies stacking up in Drafts folder

Mon Feb 12 11:53:14 UTC 2007

> Setup : Apple Mail 2.1.1 (752.3) on Intel MacBook Pro and Dovecot
> 1.0rc22 on Solaris 9/SPARC. I use IMAP/TLS.
>
> Problem : mails are stacking up in the Drafts folder.
>
> When I start writing a mail, it appears in the drafts folder, and
> usually disappear as desired when I hit "Send". It then appear in the
> "Sent" folder.
>
> Sometimes, a draft versions stays in "Drafts", I have 21 of them since
> 1.1.2007. In this period, I have written about 400 emails, so only about
> 5 % stick in "Drafts".

For what its worth - I have had this problem ever since I started using
IMAP... we had it when we used Courier-imap, and we have it using
dovecot (both on linux, using Thunderbird for the client)... It is kind
of irritating, but I kind of got used to it, and tell people to just
delete these on a regular basis...

Not that I wouldn't like to see this problem fixed... ;)

--

Best regards,

Charles