[Dovecot] incorrect quota reporting with dict quota

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Mon Feb 12 20:23:28 UTC 2007

Using the dict quota with dovecot-1.0.rc21, quota reporting was
incorrect. It wasn't just that the stored quota was different than the
disk usage, but also that each time the quota was checked, it was
greater than before, even if no mail was received.  I tested this by
using telnet to log into an imap account, and issuing multiple
"getquotaroot inbox" commands.

I have changed to just using maildir quotas, and everything seems
correct now.  Thanks to dovecot's flexible authentication methods, I'll
be able to set an individual account to use the dict quota backend for
testing.

--
Marshal Newrock, Ideal Solution LLC
http://www.idealso.com