[Dovecot] DoveCot compression to save HDD space

Jacek Osiecki joshua at hybrid.pl
Wed Feb 14 15:58:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Charles Marcus wrote:

>>  I am wondering if there are any possibilities to save HDD space used by
>>  emails by compressing content (not just attachements).

> I'd *much* rather see work done on 'single-instance-storage' support, ala
> cyrus... that would do far more, in most setups, than compressing files -
> without adding any overhead, which compression definitely would do.
>
> Please, please, please, Timo?

Oh, I agree... that would make dovecot absolutely perfect :)
I would switch to dovecot with a pleasure in one location, where we are
ofthen encountering troubles with cyrus - but because of lots of laarge
emails with attachments sent together to hundreds of recepients we can't
change it to anything else...

Greetz,
--
Jacek Osiecki joshua at ceti.pl GG:3828944