[Dovecot] http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualhostingWithExim

Marc Haber mh+dovecot at zugschlus.de
Wed Feb 14 16:46:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

Here is a new wording for the "Exim4 on Debian" part of the web page
on http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualhostingWithExim. It's immutable, so
I cannot directly change it.

I e-mailed Florian, but he cannot log in to the wiki any more. Can
somebody with appropriate privileges change the page?

---------------------
If you are using the exim4 packages on Debian, you need to pay
attention whether you are using the split or non-split configuration
method that the packages offer. If you are using split-configuration,
you need to apply the configuration changes to the router and
transport directories inside /etc/exim4/conf.d; if you are using
non-split configuration, you need to edit
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template. A restart of the exim daemon with
/etc/init.d/exim4 reload will activate your changes.

You can find more information about the way Debian configures the
exim4 packages in /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian or at
http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/README/README.Debian.html or at the
Debian wiki (http://wiki.debian.org/PkgExim4).

Additionally, I would appreciate if the instructions for exim 3 could
be removed. exim 3 is obsolete five years now, and new users of exim 4
are constantly finding old exim 3 documentation and fail in applying
that docs to exim 4.

Greetings
Marc, Maintainer for Debian exim4 packages