[Dovecot] Problems to put dovecot-ldap.conf working

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 14 18:54:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 09:48 -0300, Venilton Junior wrote:
> ldap_auth_method:       bind

So here you are using auth binds.

> ldap_bind_dn:
> uid=admin,ou=administrators,ou=topologymanagement,o=netscaperoot

in which case this DN is never used at all, I think.

> And here is my dovecot-ldap.conf:

Here you aren't using auth binds. You can enable that with
auth_bind=yes. But it should work even without it.

Your sasalauthd filter is:

> ldap_filter:            (&(|(mail=%u)(cn=%U)(mail=%U@%
> d))(accountActive=TRUE)(delete=FALSE))

And Dovecot filter:

> pass_filter = (&(objectClass=VirtualMailAccount)(mail=%
> u)(accountActive=TRUE)(delete=FALSE))

> dovecot: auth(default): ldap(novoemail01,200.155.63.82): unknown user

This means that the user wasn't found with the query. Perhaps because
saslauthd found it from cn=%U and not from mail=%u? You can do the same
query with ldapsearch and see if it's found..