[Dovecot] Dovecot proxy question (hostname instead of ip)

Wouter de Jong wouter at widexs.nl
Thu Feb 15 15:14:51 UTC 2007

Hello,

We are planning to use the Proxy feature of Dovecot,
but fail to implement it currently the way we would like to.

Reason is that proxy insists to have an IP-address as host :

Feb 15 15:43:24 proxy-test.widexs.nl dovecot: pop3-login: proxy(username):
mspool01-test.widexs.nl is not a valid IP

When I changed the query to force the IP-address of the above server,
it works.

Would it be possible to make this work, but more important ...
Are there any reasons NOT to make this work ? :))

Kind regards,

Wouter.

--
WideXS                          http://www.widexs.nl
Wouter de Jong                  System-Administrator