[Dovecot] Bug tracking system

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Fri Feb 16 15:46:16 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 10:02:25AM -0500, Gerard wrote:
> On Friday February 16, 2007 at 07:20:17 (AM) Johannes Berg wrote:
>
> > I much prefer bugzilla over mantis. Mantis is almost as bad as the
> > SF.net tracker in that it always sends out junk via email, can't be used
> > via email, and needs a username/password to log in. Count me out.
>
> Forcing the reporter to be a registered user is a good thing. I worked
> on a project for awhile where it seemed that every jerk would submit
> some sort of report. The reports were usually incomplete and since there
> were no accounts linked to the reports, there was no way to contact the
> OP. In my opinion, if the bug-reporter cannot take the time to register,
> then they can just keep their bug-reports to themselves.
>
> Just my 2??.

FWIW I'm less inclined to report a problem if I have to register
somewhere or join something to do so.  I suppose that might be jerky
of me, I dunno.  One can always ignore reports that can't be understood
or followed up on; but conversely, one can't act on reports that one
never receives.

My 2c :)

mm