[Dovecot] Problem moving emails with attachments or HTML links

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Feb 17 12:42:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 12:33 -0500, J. Wren Hunt wrote:

> > Are you moving the message within the Dovecot, or are you moving
> between
> > Dovecot and some local mailbox, or to some other IMAP server?
> >
> > If it's within Dovecot, it's copied using IMAP's COPY command and I
> > can't really think of why it would timeout there. What client are
> you
> > using?
> >

> That's a good point Timo and one which I hadn't necessarily thought
> of!
> After thinking about it, I realize that these problems happen when I
> move messages from a commercial IMAP email provider (fastmail.fm) to
> my
> own, home server (running Dovecot 1.0.rc15 on Ubuntu).  In all cases
> my
> client of choice is Thunderbird 1.x & 2.x run from an equal mix of
> Windows, Mac OS/X and Linux platforms.

Well, I've heard this happening with some people, but I've never been
able to reproduce it myself. Also I haven't heard of this happening
lately.

Do you connect with SSL to Dovecot? By "home server" do you mean it's
running in the same computer as your Thunderbird? Or same local network?

Are you able to easily reproduce this? Could you try enabling rawlog
(http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html) and check what is the last thing
that happens before it hangs?