[Dovecot] LDAP auth load? (looking for advice)

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Mon Feb 19 21:36:16 UTC 2007

Udo Rader wrote:

> index   objectClass             eq
> index   mailAlternateAddress    pres,eq
> index   mail                    pres,eq

Thanks Udo (& Ben) for the words of encouragement, I have nowhere near
1100 mailboxes. :) I do run with the below indexes, though, that seems
to provide very good performance:

   index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid   eq
   index   cn,mail,surname,givenname                       eq,subinitial

Lookups happen not only for standard machine (nss_ldap) auth from
various sources, but all ThunderBird clients as an address book; hence
those given/surname indexes you see above.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com