[Dovecot] Final LDAP issues

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 22 12:02:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 12:19 +0100, Joseba Torre wrote:
> - I'm using auth_bind and auth_bind_userdn. So pass_filter isn't used, and
> pass_attrs are never searched. Is this true or am I missing something?

That's true.

> For me, the perfect state would be:
> - bind using the user supplied dn
> - if successfull, search for pass_attrs, where some user_attrs may be
> prefetched
> - unbind
> - userdb only binds if some needed attrs haven't been already fetched. If so,
> there's a choice to use the user supplied dn for the bind/search.

What if you just didn't use auth_bind_userdn, put all the attributes in
pass_attrs and use userdb prefetch?

I think that should work as long as you're not using deliver, which
requires userdb-only query (but then if you don't need the private
fields use userdb prefetch and userdb ldap).