[Dovecot] Strange new mail count

Leeman Strout me at mooluv.com
Thu Feb 22 23:04:03 UTC 2007

Brian Taber wrote:
> I am having a slight issue with new message count... for some reason,
> dovecot reports I have some strange number of new messages, even though
> there are no new messages...  If I click on a few of the folders, the new
> message count seams to correct itself...  Any way to solve this?

Is Dovecot reporting a strange number or is it your email app?  (MUA?)
Thunderbird has issues reporting on new mail in the popup notifier,
however it's never reported it wrong next to the folders themselves (for
me).  This is a known bug in TB.

In a recent message from Charles Marcus, this plugin:

Mailbox Alert Extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2610/

was mentioned as a possible workaround/solution for Thunderbird.

Hope that helped,
Leeman