[Dovecot] quota warning

Nicolas Boullis nicolas.boullis at ecp.fr
Tue Feb 27 15:21:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

As suggested by Timo, I have tried to implement some warning when the
user gets close to his quota limit. The patch is attached.

It is configured in the plugin section of the configuration file:
  quota_warning = 80:0:/usr/local/bin/quota_warning.sh

With this one, /usr/local/bin/quota_warning.sh is executed each time a
mail brings the total size from below 80% to 80% or above. The second
number serves as a limit for the count.

The /usr/local/bin/quota_warning.sh script builds the warning message
and delivers it with
  cat << EOF | /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -c /etc/dovecot-nowarning.conf
where /etc/dovecot-nowarning.conf is the same as my normal configuration
file, except that it lacks the quota warning option (that is required in
 a situation where the warning message is large enough to bring over the
80% limit, to avoid a warning loop).

Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Nicolas Boullis