[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot-sieve on Debian Etch using dovecot LDA

Luca Corti luca at leenoox.net
Wed Jan 3 02:39:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 18:37 -0600, Samir M. Nassar wrote:
> If I can't get sieve to work I will use procmail or maildrop. One of the
> reasons I wanted to use sieve was managesieve and the ability to edit filters
> from my MUA. Since I will be writing the filtering rules manually, whether it
> is maildrop, sieve, or procmail, the delivery mechanism isn't as important as
> it working.

Dovecot doesn't currently include a managesieve daemon. There are
patches for this, but they are not official nor included in the official
dovecot distribution. They are not part of the Debian packages for sure.
I think you are better off using something else if you are having so
many problems getting sieve to work, which seems quite strange.

ciao

Luca