[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot-sieve on Debian Etch using dovecot LDA

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 21:07:54 UTC 2007

On 3.1.2007, at 19.31, Samir M. Nassar wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 January 2007 07:36, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> Deliver has actually write access to these files? Is anything ever
>> written to them?
>
> Deliver has write access but nothing is written to them.
>
>> Set debug=yes inside the protocol lda {}. Then it should log more
>> information about the Sieve plugin loading and such.
>
> After setting this nothing is logged as well.

If debug is enabled, it really should write something there. So I can
think of only 3 possibilities:

1) Deliver is never called by Postfix.

2) You haven't really given enough permissions to write to the log
files (/var/log/dovecot dir permissions?).

3) Deliver is reading a different dovecot.conf than what you're
modifying.

I'd guess 1).