[Dovecot] assertion failed

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 21:30:20 UTC 2007

On 31.12.2006, at 2.04, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

> Dec 30 16:03:33 max dovecot: IMAP(ste): file istream-raw-mbox.c: line
> 499 (istream_raw_mbox_get_body_size): assertion failed:
> (rstream->mail_size != (uoff_t)-1)

It doesn't like the mbox file for some reason.

Could you put the mbox file through http://dovecot.org/tools/mbox-
anonymize.pl and send the anonymized mbox, dovecot.index and
dovecot.index.log files to me? This would help me getting it properly
fixed.

After that you could try if deleting dovecot.index* files would make
it work again.