[Dovecot] Client transaction logging in dovecot.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 21:54:38 UTC 2007

On 25.12.2006, at 19.04, Tan Shao Yi wrote:

> May I know if it's possible to log the commands issued by clients
> in dovecot? For instance, RETR and DELE commands in POP3 and their
> equivalent in IMAP?
>
> I can't seem to be able to find the appropriate configuration key.

Not directly, but you could use rawlog (http://dovecot.org/
bugreport.html). The only problem with it is that it logs everything
sent by Dovecot as well.

I've been thinking about making it optional to log only either input
or output, and possibly to even filter the output (not sending the
mail bodies with IMAP). But that doesn't exist yet.