[Dovecot] unknown namespace with Mac OS client

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Wed Jan 3 23:48:17 UTC 2007

Timo Sirainen writes:

>> I used the solution from Barry Warsaw which he explained at:
>> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-December/018301.html
>>
>> Since making that change the mail.app client was able to subcribe/
>> see all folders.
>
> I don't see why that would change anything for the "unknown
> namespace" issue, but anyway that solution is a pretty ugly kludge,
> that won't necessarily work in future Dovecot versions.

So what do you recommend then?
We are migrating to Dovecot and we don't have a mail.app application to
test, so we depended on the users from one domain to let us know something
is wrong. Since we changed them to Dovecot they could not use folders. They
could only see the INBOX.

If there is some debugging that we could turn on to send to you? I would
be more than happy to do it.

Why would future version "break" that setup?